Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday


Mondays are the most appalling and completely horrendous way to start a week – especially if it leaves you feeling like the burnt out end of a cigarette. Luckily though, my Monday is not that bad (it’s hardly ever that bad anymore… suppose I should start partying harder). But this picture does seem to adequately express my general thoughts on the whole matter – T.S. Eliot’s Preludes springs to mind.

But, as much as I hate this dreaded day, I suppose it does have some things going for it. Being the eternal optimist, I’d like to see it as a brand new week, burgeoning with promise and possibility. It’s a new week – nothing has gone wrong… yet. Besides, we wouldn’t appreciate weekends and Fridays as much if we didn’t have a rather horrid day making us wish it was eternally weekend.

Seeing as this is not a perfect world, and there are such things as Mondays in existence, I suppose I should get back to work. Work and Mondays are the most appalling and completely horrendous way to start a week.

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

I love your pics..they rock-where do you get them all??

jes said...

i spend lots of time surfing the net - i get bored...
try www.flickr.com